(You should submit your application through the show application form)
Newsreader recruitment will start soon.
MANAGEMENT VACANCIES 2013/4
What Commitment is required to be a ULFM Manager?
It is entirely up to you how to work toward fulfilling the role i.e how much time to give towards it etc. Otherwise, the managers meet once a week. In general, previous managers found they got as much out of it as they put in. This is an opportunity to help ULFM become one of Ireland’s most prominent student radio stations in Ireland. These positions are open to any student of UL and are unpaid.
General Management Vacancies:
Head of News
- Recruit newsreaders
- Create a newsreading schedule
- Arrange and/or provide training/induction for newsreaders
- Work towards ULFM launching comprehensive news section on website
- Attend ULFM meetings
Marketing + Promotion Manager
- Work towards organising a large marketing campaign during orientation week
- Arrange promotion of ULFM through many different channels- postering, newspaper/magazine advertising, display screens on campus etc etc
- Work with events manager toward organising ULFM events
- Organise prizes/giveaways
Playlist + New Music Manager
- ULFM receives quite a volume of demos/cds/mp3s from new and emerging artists. This manager will be in charge of receiving and distributing this material to appropriate shows on the station. Furthermore, possible development of a station playlist may be actioned by this manager.
Send us an email (via this page) or to info(at)ulfm.ie, telling us what job you’re interested in, a brief CV and what you would do in the position. Applications open til Monday 2oth May, 5pm.