Ever wanted to be a radio star? Want to have your opinion on news, sport or anything else you can think of shared with a wider audience? Want to share your eclectic taste in music with the world? Want to read the news, produce adverts, make posters or just help out with your ideas? Well, ULFM is the place for you!
Round 1 Applications for Semester 2 are now open and will remain so until Wednesday 1st February. After that, you can still apply and you will be contacted if and when slots become available.
How to get a show and become an official member:
Fill out our GoogleForm application here or below at the bottom of this page also to become an official member of ULFM join the society on the Wolves site(www.ulsu.ie) and meet us to pay the membership fee! Below are some ideas to get those creative juices flowing.
Absolutely no experience is required, as full training will be provided, so don’t worry about being thrown into a studio with the red light on and trying to figure out how not to set things on fire!
If leading your own show isn’t for you, there are still tonnes of ways to get involved:
- You could read the news on the station.
- You could help produce adverts, imaging or other pieces for playing out on the station.
- You could help run our various events throughout the year.
- You could help out our promotion team by making posters and putting them up around campus, carrying out voxpops or any number of other ways.
- And lots more!
So grab the form or just get in touch with our Station Manager by emailing email@example.com. We’d love to hear from you.
Struggling to come up with that killer idea?
Don’t worry, it happens to the best of us. Here’re just a few ideas of shows we’re interested in having more of this Semester:
- Shows in Irish: We love Gaeilge here at ULFM, and are always looking for people with the cupla focal to come on board.
- Niche Music Genres: Hip-Hop, Dance, EDM, Country, Trad – we love ’em all and are always looking for more of these shows.
- Politics and News: Let’s face it, 2017 is going to be a veritable goldmine for content for any show dealing in Current Affairs. Maybe you could be the smooth-voiced radio host to guide people through the chaos?
- Culture and Arts: Want to review films? Talk about local gigs? Tell people where they should go on holidays? Do an in-depth analysis of the latest Fifty Shades of Grey book?